When you ask most students to write an essay, most of them will frown at you. Such a lecturer would end up with the label “the stingy lecturer.” However, with some expert funny quotes about writing, no one can dare resist wanting to become a writer. Such quotes bring your paper to life and make you smile as you write all the way through.
As always, the problem is how to write these funny quotes. Well, let that not worry you anymore. In the next few lines, that problem will be a thing of the past. Please keep your eyes peeled as we journey through this together. We will traverse through some of the funniest quotes in the world. Disclaimer: Get your ribs ready!
Key Points About Writing as We Begin
Having a humorous quote can be a great way to start your paper. It draws the attention of the reader. Conclusions can also have a memorable, funny quote that will sign your readers off with a great banana smile. With our funny quotes about writing, you will get inspiration not only to a great piece of prose but also….crafting your last will. I was kidding on that part.
So, let’s kick the ball rolling, shall we? Enjoy the thrilling list below.
Funny Author Quotes
Here is a glimpse of their masterpiece funny quotes after scouring the archives of some of the greatest authors of all time.
- “Going to church every Sunday doesn’t make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.” By Billy Sunday
- “I do desire that we may be better strangers.” William Shakespeare
- “Historians are like deaf people who go on answering questions that no one has asked them.” Leo Tolstoy
- “More than five exclamation quotes is a sure sign of a diseased mind.” By Terry Pratchett
- “Life – and I don’t suppose I’m the first to make this comparison – is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal.” by Neil Gaiman
- “I did not attend his funeral, though I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” By Mark Twain
- “When this life gives you lemons, then squirt someone in the eye.” By Cathy Guiswite
Funny Examples of Bad Writing
- “Let’s eat grandma” instead of, “Let’s eat, grandma.”
- “Hunters, please exercise caution when hunting pedestrians using rails.”
- “I love roasting my family and my pets.”
- “I would like to eat my friend.”
- “We are going to learn to cut and paste kids!”
Funny Quotes About Being a Writer
- “Two kinds of people sit around all day thinking about who to kill, mystery writers and serial killers.” Richard Castle
- “I hope that I will one day write something worth plagiarizing.”
- “With just one wise saying, you will be sure that your name as a writer will live forever.”
- “It is okay to write garbage as long as you edit brilliantly.”
- “Writers who procrastinate, write better because they are wiser and older than they were.”
Funny Things to Say About Bad Handwriting
- Nobody has terrible handwriting; everyone has their font
- Gifted people have lousy writing because their brains are functioning faster than their hands.
- People with horrible handwriting end up being doctors, maybe you are one of them.
- My script is like an iPad; I don’t have one
- Bad writing is not that bad after all; Google can use it as Captcha
- For one to compete in an evil handwriting contest, they have to be illegible to fight at first
- Chicken-scratch handwritings are offensive to chicken
- People with lousy handwriting have large fingers
- Having poor writing gives you one unique ability, the ability to read your handwriting
- Why was the chicken admitted to medical school? Because it had terrible writing.
Amusing Quotes on Writing a Book
- “Be courageous and try writing in a way that scares you a bit” Holley Gerth
- A writer writes about other people’s silence
- Anything you say or do to a writer may be evidence against you in their next book
- “Write about what people should not forget.”
- People who write beautifully have a terrible mind.
General Funny Writing Quotes
Aside from the quotes about being an author, you can also find a plethora of exciting, being a writer quotes. They include the following:
- “There comes the point in time when you need to stop reading other people’s books and write yours.”
- “For you to write something, you have to risk making a fool of yourself.” Anne Rice
- “A writer is someone who has carefully taught his mind to misbehave.” Oscar Wilde
- “I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” Flannery O’Connor
- If a writer truly falls in love with you, then you can never die.
The list of writers quotes on writing above is the taste of what you can get from us. Did you like it? Well, then, we offer more than that!
With WritingJobz.com, you can also get access to several decent writing jobs to keep your freelance career going. Take that first initiative today and see your grades (for students) skyrocket, and your career (freelancers) ascend to another level.